SQLDeveloper on Oracle Enterprise Linux 6.3

Today while installing SQLDeveloper on OEL 6.3 I ran into a couple of issues I wasn’t expecting. The installation went fine using the Oracle rpm file. The first execution of the /opt/sqldeveloper/sqldeveloper.sh script prompted for the location of a jdk. A find came up with /etc/alternatives/java_sdk_openjdk and that worked fine. The next issue was “Can’t connect to X11 window server using ‘:0.0’ as the value of the DISPLAY variable”. I tried running xterm to see if it would work. Xterm was not installed on the system and I couldn’t find any of the other X11 stuff. So I ran “yum install xterm”. Now xterm works and so does SQLDeveloper.

Advertisements

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s